Wednesday, February 4, 2009

My 500 points are painted

and then some...


I managed to get my 500pt list and the extra hero done. The only thing I needed to complete since my last post was another set of 5 marauder horsemen. I will try to take a picture of all the painted stuff together soon.


Since the mandatory stuff was out of the way, I started doing my favorite part of miniature painting...test paints. It's only really brutal when you do 3 or 4 and still are not happy with your paint scheme, speaking of which I have yet to find a scheme I like for my bloodletters (Chaos Daemons).

I decided for bigger games that I will use a Daemon Prince of Tzeentch as my lord. I will probably wait for the new plastic model to be released before I put a great deal of effort in, but for now I have an older fantasy daemon prince which is getting some paint. I will throw a couple of pictures up when I am done, but the base coat of ice blue washed with asurmen blue looks fantastic.

The other test paint I worked on was a Nurgle-marked warrior of chaos. Let me know what you guys think.

I haven't based it yet, but I am thinking the front rank will have lots of snow with less and less the further back in ranks you get.

3 comments:

  1. Wow man! Very sharp. Getting some nice highlights done on the boots and armor. Are you liking the Green Armor? I think it's very fitting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea, was exactly what I was going for...I'm just shocked I got it first try. I'm fixated on washing metallic colors with the GW washes. This one was a wash of Thraka Green followed by a wash of Devlan Mud. You get the new lizardman book yet? Not sure if it's out yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, shiny and Nurgle-y! I likes!

    ReplyDelete