Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Appeasing the ADD

OK, so I finally caved and started working on something 40k. Since Dawn of War 2 released I have been loving every minute of the single player campaign. I have been enjoying it so much....I am going to scrap the Ultramarines and go with the Blood Ravens as my Codex Chapter for play in Warhammer 40k.

My Inspiration! My Marines are too uppity to walk, so I need to get a transport for them first.


I had an old rhino laying around my bits bin, so I went and primed the sucker up. I did the interior white and the exterior black.


The interior is assembled (I also added the front plating to help the rhino keep its shape).


The actual colors for the Blood Ravens is a dark red and bone white color. I washed the interior of the rhino and the inner rhino doors with black to try and get the bone white affect without having to hand paint everything. I'm not going for a golden daemon here...I just want it to look nice and people will be able to see inside since I am magnetizing all of the doors.


As you can see there is a lot left to do. I need to find my tiny magnets and I am not really sure where I left them. I want to be able to just buy specialized sprues for my rhinos like the predator sprue and just pull a couple of doors off and and put a couple different ones on and go from transport to tank (if you aren't familiar with marines, 5 different vehicles all use the rhino chasis in construction).

2 comments:

  1. Very nice work. The white prime with black wash makes the space inside the Rhino look appropriately used... like someone's actually been in there. Magnets are smart as well! I love the things you 40kers come up with and use in your models.

    Now I heard that Blood Ravens are sissies :)

    ReplyDelete