Sunday, January 25, 2009

A quick update on WoC progress

A lot has been going on lately, so painting time is at a premium. I have 2 more units completed, one of which is not necessary for the 500 pts I need to have painted, but will come in handy as we go up in points.

My Exalted Hero on Steed of Slaanesh - This was model was a joy to paint and I really liked how the basing turned out.

My Marauder Horsemen - I still need to churn out one more unit of these for my 500 pt list. I always find it funny how you notice things after taking a picture...like the base of the far left model not being completely painted which I fixed after looking at the pic.

3 comments:

  1. Looking real good... looking rough and tough. Are you happy with them?

    I hear you on the photos revealing mistakes. I can spend 1/2 trying to get the eyes to look convincing at 5x magnification and then as soon as I take a picture and see it on screen, it looks terrible.

    Is 500pts what your group plays at? No one around here will play unless you have 2250 put together!!! Not a one of them have a fully painted army. I like the way you are going about it much much better. Smaller scale and get em painted, adding more as you go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the army as well as the miniatures. Pretty much everything I intend to use is plastic which is always a plus for me. Starting to get the itch to paint other stuff like 40k again...hopefully the league will keep me focused!

    It is starting at 500 and going up 100 pts a week. As of right now I think we have 11 or 12 ppl signed up, so that would make the league around 10 or 11 weeks (think we are trying to get everyone to play everyone once). So all in all we should end up with a good 1500 pts painted.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds like a very smart way to go up in points. Wish our group were that organized :(

    Really like your armor - are you using a metal glaze of some kind?

    ReplyDelete