Monday, July 20, 2009

So I am finally doing a new update

I have been fairly lazy lately, but I am finally getting around to doing an update on what little I have been working on. I had a real problem getting motivated after the painting league, but all of the work I got done was great and I would have never gotten it all done if not for the league. Since then I have stared long and hard and the High Elves and I am not sure I really will enjoy painting them other than the dragon which I totally enjoyed painting. I am kind of at an impasse with them until I get inspired.

My Warriors of Chaos army is still growing, however, and here is a taste of what I have been working on over the last week or so since I have gotten back into the swing of painting.




The big nasty Jugg!

The beginnings of a unit of Slaanesh-marked warriors.

A troll I will probably never use, but I really like the models with the skin sloughing off.

5 comments:

  1. Hey hey! Good to see some pics of new work - it's all looking great. Are those the chaos trolls that I'm used to seeing no paint on from Brimmer? The bone club is nicely done.

    Also like the Lord on the Juggernaut. Did you use that necro painting tutorial for the eyes? looks like they're starting to glow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Didn't realize I missed those areas on the jugg until I took the picture. I guess I got the right angle to look behind the layered plates and see the unprimed metal. Anyhow I will need to touch that up as well as some of the iconography as its not showing up well on the sides as you see the profile of the symbols.

    I just tried to wash out the eyes a bit to give it a more glowy affect. I didn't fully bring it out onto his face since his eyes are pretty deeply recessed in the helmet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Jugg was Brimmer's, but the trolls I snagged in some other Btown trades.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good to see his models find a home and some paint :) I like your purple chaos metallics too. It's unique and smart looking.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the blood spatter on the Jugg!

    ReplyDelete