Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Back in the saddle

So...now I am married to a wonderful lady, and the blog posts can recommence. We are finally settled since getting back from our honeymoon and it feels good to be back in the swing of things.

As far as my Warriors of Chaos project, I have been working on several things at one time, but I will share with you what I completed last night.



Warshrine of chaos


The Warshrine of Chaos was a simple conversion I did as GW does not make an actual model for the unit. I simply took a chariot I already had and removed the crew and the scythes. I then took a lamp post from a 40k building set and a banner-topper from the bloodletter box set and combined them and placed them on the chariot. I went with some fluffier snow this time and inserted hoofprints and a trail behind the wheels ... none of which is evident from the photos it seems. The model has a nice table-top look and I feel it will compliment my army nicely.


3 comments:

  1. Hooray!!! Congrats Mr. B and now Mrs. B!!!

    War Shrine came out really nice. I like how you got the snow on the wheels of the chariot and everything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you sir! Looking forward to seeing you in May. Will you be arriving via Viking Longboat from Norway?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hopefully they can provide better transportation than that. Perhaps some sort of viking flying laser-ship. Looking forward to coming back!

    ReplyDelete